This Homemade Hummus recipe is easy to make, shareable, and completely delicious. With no chemically added ingredients, all you need are some cucumber slices to dip for a completely healthy, and teeth-friendly, snack.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 or more
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (reserve liquid)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- one tablespoon paprika
- one teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Drain and dry chickpeas from can.
- Add all ingredients, with the exception of parsley, to a food processor and pulse until the puree is smooth. If you need more liquid add more chickpea reserve liquid and lemon juice as needed.
- Add all seasons to taste, this is a spicier recipe, so taste as you puree.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of paprika and parsley.