Instead of reaching for the potato chips, try these Spicy Roasted Chickpeas, which have the same crunch with less problematic ingredients. You can swap seasonings for ones you really like, or simply sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp everything bagel seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ to 1 TBS olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Rinse chickpeas and allow to dry
- In a small bowl, mix together, paprika, chili powder, sea salt, everything bagel seasoning and pepper and set aside.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet and allow to bake in the oven for 15 minutes without any other ingredients.
- After 15 minutes remove the chickpeas from the oven and drizzle ½ TBS olive oil over them, stirring them until all are evenly coated, or adding more as needed.
- Shake all spices over chickpeas until evenly coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes more and stir, then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want them.
- Turn oven off and allow them to cool in oven.
- Serve with your favorite salad or snake on them alone.