Here’s another crunchy recipe that will keep you from reaching for the chips. Anyone with a hankering for spicy foods without all the additives will love this Spicy Almond recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- one tablespoon water
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- one teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Line pan with parchment paper
- Combined water and egg white in a bowl and whisky until foaming.
- Add garlic salt, kosher salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and pepper to water and eggs and whisk to combined.
- Add almonds to bowl, toss until fully coated.
- Spread almonds evenly on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir almonds, reduce temp to 275°F.
- Bake for 40 more minutes (until the nuts are dry)
- Completely cool before storing in an airtight container.
July 27, 2018